A Traditional English Football Club

A Traditional English Football Club

Millwall FC-- A Traditional English Football Club

1885-131st Anniversary Year-2016 *We Fear No Foe*

Tuesday 16 October 2012

Millwall FC and their new Academy

16/10/12

Kick About
It' s been a few weeks since the Lions opened their doors to their new academy a few miles down the road in Eltham and I shall see if I can get a couple of my grandsons signed up.These young grandsons are a rather useful nine year old and a four year old who has a shot on him that a experienced pro would be proud of.
I have no idea how to go about it so I shall try to find out what's what.
.
With a overall budget of about a million quid and also classrooms based at Eltham College this looks like the place to go.  My only reservation is that I can just imagine this sort of place will become a hunting ground for the Premiership elite and all the best players will be sold off.  I know that this is one of  the main reasons for the academy as the Den turnstiles do not generate enough revenue for the club to survive week in and week out but I shudder at the thought of my little ones ending up at Wigan or even worse .....West Ham.
***